Straightening Out The Ramifications Of The Favre Trade
Straight from the Football Wire: “
- The Jets will give up a third rounder if the team doesn’t win the Super Bowl. If they do, and Favre plays 75% of the snaps then that will turn into a first rounder.
- The Jets protected themselves against a one-and-done year from him. If he doesn’t play beyond 2008 then the Packers will give up a late round pick (5th, 6th or 7th).
- The Packers did include a clause in the contract that states if Favre is traded to the Vikings then the compensation escalates to three first round picks.
- He will be in New York for their first preseason game but won’t play.
- Chad Pennington is likely gone. He’s due $6 million this year.
- By week 8 of the season, the Packers will be very sorry for trading Favre.
- The Bucs were sure they had Favre wrapped up. Even the way Gruden and Garcia talked it sounded like it was a done deal.”